We Sell, Install, Test, Repair and Maintain Backflow Preventers
Call or contact us today and we will have an authorized person (as per Schedule 6, of Municipal Code Chapter 851) ensure the job is done right. We employ AWWA and OWWA certified technicians to backflow test, repair, install and ensure compliance with by-laws.
Have you received a warning letter from the City of Toronto, Region of Peel, Halton Region, Town of Markham or other municipality demanding that you test or install a backflow preventer or check valve at your commercial, residential, or multi-unit property? Are you concerned about the quality of your water supply, and want to protect yourself from the liability for cross-contamination? Do you need a backflow preventer device or flow control valve installed or tested, or a cross-contamination solution installed? If so contact us now.
Why did I get this letter?
All municipalities are working on safeguarding their drinking water by requiring that all residential, Commercial, Industrial and Institutional buildings have the proper protections in place on their incoming water lines. This is accomplished through the installation of backflow prevention devices. They are essentially water valves that let water pass only one way, into the building, and prevent interior building piping from flowing back into the city mains potentially causing contamination.
What is Backflow?
Backflow the undesired reverse flow of contaminants into the potable water and is typically driven by common, but unfavorable, hydraulic events in either the public or private water distribution system.
Backflow preventers are devices used to stop this from happening, and protects our drinking water lines.
What now? The process:
Do I have proper protection on my water connections?
Great, call us today to have your existing backflow prevention device tested. We will ensure that it is in good working order. We also handle all the municipal reporting and paperwork.
I don't know?
Call us today to have one of our expers survey your facility.
We will advise you on next steps and create a plan to ensure proper protections are put in place according to requirements set out by your municipality.
Is ARC Qualified to do our backflow preventer testing or carry out our cross connection survey?
YES we ARE!
- We are qualified, certified and registered to test, install, service and/or repair Backflow preventers.
- We are experienced in working with various municipalities in Ontario and will ensure the backflow prevention test report(s) and any related paperwork is completed and submitted properly.
- We are able to complete and submit all paperwork for the purposes of completing a cross connection survey at your facility
- We have OWWA (Ontario Waterworks Association) certified testers
- We hire Licensed Plumbers
- We are authorized (as per Schedule 6, of Municipal Code Chapter 851) to carry work out in your municipality – City of Toronto, Region of Peel, Halton Region, London, etc.
- We take care of the paperwork for you – municipal reporting
- We track all testing in our database and will send you an annual reminder when your device is up for annual testing.
Our commitment to you – We work with Trusted Manufacturers
- We sell and install Watts Backflow Preventers, ZURN Wilkins Backflow Preventers and backflow preventers from other leading manufacturers. Let ARC be your certified backflow tester.
- When and if devices fail, we offer repair services and can often rebuild them